Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment Philosophy
The substance abuse and mental health treatment philosophy at Harbor Oaks Hospital is rooted in current best practices and evidence based research. Chemical dependency and mental health disorders are treatable diseases. These disorders can be acute or chronic, progressive, and potentially fatal.
These disorders often co-occur. Chemical dependency and mental illness frequently go hand in hand and have a direct physical, emotional, spiritual and social impact on individuals and their families. When these disorders occur in combination with other behavioral and/or medical health difficulties, their impact is heightened.
Harbor Oaks Hospital believes that an integrated, holistic treatment program, in combination with the appropriate social supports, can help individuals and their families recover from addiction and/or mental health problems.
Treatment at Harbor Oaks Hospital and Recovery Center is grounded in the following principles:
- Respect and empathy for the individual
- Belief in the human capacity to change
- Provision of culturally competent services
- Recognition of the importance of family and peers to the recovery process.
- A dedication to evidence-based treatment and to the best practices in the field.