The child and adolescent partial hospitalization program (PHP) offered at Harbor Oaks Hospital is designed for youth between the ages of 10 and 17 who are struggling with any number of mental or behavioral healthcare concerns, including high levels of depression, anxiety, or self-injurious behaviors, but no longer require the intensive structure of an inpatient program. This program is held Monday through Friday from 9:00am until 3:30pm and is structured similarly to a school day in order to ease the transition between mental health treatment and reintegration into school.
Programming for the pediatric PHP includes the following:
- Daily psychotherapy and skills acquisition through dialectical behavioral therapy that is conducted by a Master’s level, licensed clinician
- Goal-setting and leisure groups that are conducted by a Master’s level, licensed therapist
- Daily school group with a certified teacher from Anchor Bay School District
- Nursing group with a registered nurse that is held several days each week
- Daily art therapy with a registered, Master’s level art therapist
- One-on-one physician contact 3 to 5 times per week to monitor patient progress and manage medications in order to properly guide treatment
In addition to the previously listed programming options, each child and adolescent is provided with lunch and nutritional snacks on a daily basis. Furthermore, for those individuals living in the counties of Macomb and St. Clair, transportation is provided to and from the treatment program on a daily basis when needed.