In order to help our patients remain successful upon completion of our inpatient treatment program, Harbor Oaks Hospital is proud to offer multiple, less intensive treatment options that are designed for those who no longer need the intensive structure of an inpatient setting. For our adult patients, Harbor Oaks offers an adult partial hospitalization program (PHP), which is designed for those 18 years and older who are struggling with high levels of depression, anxiety, or self-injurious behavior. The adult partial hospitalization program is held Monday through Friday from 9:00 am until 3:30 pm.
Programming for the adult PHP includes the following:
- Daily psychotherapy with dialectical behavioral therapy skill acquisition conducted by a licensed clinician
- Goal setting and leisure groups conducted by a licensed therapist
- Nursing group with a registered nurse held several days each week
- Daily art therapy with a registered art therapist
- One-on-one physician contact 3 to 5 times a week to monitor progress and medications to properly guide treatment
In addition to the previously listed programming options, each adult is provided with lunch and nutritional snacks on a daily basis. Furthermore, for those individuals living in Macomb and St. Clair counties, transportation is provided to and from the treatment program on a daily basis.