Harbor Oaks Hospital provides treatment for people of all ages who are struggling with addiction or mental health concerns. If you or a loved one needs care for one of these issues, we can help.
The treatment philosophy of Harbor Oaks Hospital stems from our experience. We believe that people have the capacity to change and that chemical dependency and mental illnesses are treatable concerns. We employ best practices and evidence-based therapeutic interventions within each of our programs so that those entrusted into our care can truly heal from said concerns regardless if they are acute, chronic, or progressive in nature. We also believe that substance abuse and mental illness frequently go hand-in-hand and possess the capacity to adversely affect a person’s physical, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. In lieu of this belief, we have chosen to care for individuals at this hospital with a holistic approach to treatment and adhere to the following principles:
- Respect and show empathy for each and every patient
- Provide culturally competent services
- Recognize the importance of family and peers in the process of recovery
- Remain dedicated to delivering evidence-based treatment while employing best practices
The vision at Harbor Oaks Hospital is to be the preferred provider of behavioral health services, in Southeastern Michigan and beyond, by providing care to each patient as if they were a member of our own family.
Harbor Oaks Hospital’s mission for care includes:
- Respecting the dignity, comfort, and privacy of each patient
- Providing individualized care via an interdisciplinary team that values the consistency of treatment and unity of purpose
- Affording all patients and their families with a professional, caring, and safe environment
- Providing clinical and safety standards in order to ensure the highest quality of patient care
- Excellence – We consistently strive to provide services that are continuously improving, data driven, and evidence-based.
- Integrity – We make decisions that consistently benefit the organization without regard to personal objectives or agenda. We follow through with our word and are honorable with our actions as a unified team.
- Collaboration – We consistently work together with the unified goal of providing patients with the best possible care and outcomes. We share our clinical expertise and passion with individuals, organizations, and our community.
- Compassion – We take action to relieve the physical and emotional distress of others.
- Stewardship – We consistently utilize our time, talents, and treasures to build and maintain a strong organization for the present and for generations to come.